The USB to Serial Adapter from the Piksi® Multi Evaluation Kit can be used to communicate with Piksi Multi via the RS2323 ports on the Evaluation Board.
Running the Swift Console on a virtual machine (e.g. VMWare, VirtualBox, Parallels) is strongly discouraged. This is due to imperfections in the USB pass-through functionality, which can lead to symptoms such as freezing during firmware updates and glitches in regular operation.
Ensure that the Piksi Multi GNSS module is connected to the evaluation board. Be careful when mating Piksi Multi to the evaluation board! Careless mating of the connectors can damage Piksi Multi and / or the evaluation board. When removing Piksi Multi from the evaluation board, make sure to lift it straight up.
Refer to Installing USB to Serial Adapter Drivers article for the driver installation.
- Connect the USB connector of the USB to Serial Adapter to the computer
- Connect the DE9 connector of the USB to Serial Adapter to the RS232 1 port of the Evaluation Board
- Connect a power source to the Evaluation Board and wait for Piksi to boot up
- Start Swift Console, Connect to Device dialog will appear
- Select the Serial/USB interface
- Select serial device (port) from the drop-down menu
- Select the connection baud rate (default is 115200)
- Select Flow Control (default is None) and click CONNECT
Once Piksi Multi is connected, and Swift Console is running - verify that the data is flowing properly by checking the Connection Status Indicator located on the bottom-left corner of the Console. If this indicator is solid green, then communications are working as expected.
Active. Number shows receiving data rate.
For Additional Information
To continue working with the Piksi Multi, return to the Piksi Multi Getting Started Guide.