Two 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz FreeWave (www.freewave.com) radios are included in the Piksi Multi Evaluation Kit. Radio modules are mounted on the evaluation board with barrel jack (2.1/5.5 mm) power connector and DE-9F RS-232 port.
- For 900 MHz band we use MM2-T radio model DMM2T (Click here for specification)
- For 2.4 GHz band we use GXM-T14 radio model MM24T14-G (Click here for specification)
Radio Box Content
- Two radio modules mounted on the evaluation board
- Two whip stub antennas
- Two AC (100 to 240 V input) power adapters
- Two straight RS-232 cables
- One programming cable
- One DE-9 loopback connector
Fig 1. Radio Box Contents
Note: The AC power adapter included in the radio kit is equipped with North America plugs. Use AC power adapter with set of international plugs from Piksi Multi Evaluation Kit to power radio in other regions.
Radio Carrier Board
Each radio module is mounted on the carrier board with power supply and RS-232 level shifter.
- Size: 137 mm x 52 mm x 40 mm (with standoffs, 15 mm without)
- Weight (with radio module): 75 g (with standoffs, 65 g without)
- Antenna Weight:
- 900 MHz: 33 g
- 2.4 GHz: 25 g
- Antenna Connector: SMA
- Power Input: 6 to 30 V DC (barrel jack 2.1/5.5 mm)
- Data Interface: RS-232 (DE-9F)
- Standoffs screw size: #2-56 standard thread
Follow steps in the FreeWave Radio Basic Configuration article for basic radio setup in the RTK system.